Wednesday 3 April 2013

Harlem - New Politics

Stop whatever you're doing. Now. Put down that phone. Unless you're reading this on it...I've found a song so good it made me stop listening to Frank Turner. Really. If you don't know me, that doesn't happen for any old song. I was immediately hooked, and it may just be the best song you hear this week. This musical gem is called Harlem, and comes from Danish band New Politics.

After a bit of research on t'internet, it seems that they have slipped under my musical radar, and have been around for a few years, their debut album released in 2010. It was reasonably successful, but with Harlem, they seem to have reached an entirely new level of songwriting. This polished, addictive song is what would happen if rock music tried to break into dance music. I would be very surprised if this doesn't make it's way into the UK top 40 soon - it's already in the US chart. This is a song to enjoy, a band to watch out for, and an album that seems very promising indeed.


http://youtu.be/NVOUTkFkMNU

1 comment:

  1. So happy other people are realizing how kick ass this track it! I'm seeing them live on 4/4 at Bottom Lounge in Chicago and am pumped!

    ReplyDelete