Tuesday 23 August 2011

A failure, and a big glass musical building.

This music blog of mine is a result of some truely terrible AS results, and a music-related revelation (epiphany if you will...) that I had last week. I was lucky enough to spend two days on work experience at EMI music, which is when this fore-mentioned 'revelation' happened. I've always been enthusiastic about music, and my first day there was no exception. My attempt at walking into this renowned, exquisite glass building, seeming cool and collected, was probably as convincing as Cheryl Cole's miming, but I did the best I could. They made the mistake of telling me prior to arriving that I would be going to a You Me At Six video shoot that afternoon, so naturally I spent the majority of the morning attempting to disguise the fact that I was more excited than a puppy with ADHD. I can honestly say there is nothing more exciting for someone who loves music, than being somewhere like EMI - album artwork litters the walls, the people who work there seem effortless cool, and have an equally cool knowledge of music. The thought of working somewhere where music playing randomly is considered perfectly normal, seems almost too good to be true. I could immediately tell that this was no ordinary office...this place was my destiny.

Okay...so I may have over-exaggerated with the destiny comment, but I am serious when I say that it changed the outlook I have on my future. On the day inbetween my visits to EMI, I got my dreaded AS results - 3 E's and a D, which I think it's fair to say, were really very crap. I was feeling bad, but on my second day at the glorious EMI, it suddenly occured to me - I may completely suck at exams, but I sure as hell know a lot about music. And as all people with half a brain cell know, it's often best to stick to what you know, which in my case, is music. So that ladies and gentlemen, is the story of how this blog began!

No comments:

Post a Comment