Thursday 25 August 2011

Poor Jedward...

I am genuinely worried about Jedward. They don't seem to be entirely normal. If the questionable music and sparkly outfits they love so much are not example enough of their 'individuality' shall we say, their behaviour in the Celebrity Big Brother house surely is. I'm not proud to say i've seen, and almost enjoyed a couple of episodes, but incase you've missed this gem now airing on Channel 5, they spend a great deal of time singing and dancing in unison, to imaginary audiences, completely unaware of the world surrounding them. What worries me even more however, is that the simplest of remarks or conversations seem to perplex them.

Ordinarily, I would find people such as themselves unspeakably irritating, but somehow they possess a certain charm and bizarre likability. Although I think it's safe to say I won't be rushing out to buy their next contribution to music, well not unless they ditch the quiffs and decide to collaborate with a band like Mumford & Sons, in some sort of strange Indie/Childrens Pop mash-up, (which would be epic, incase you're reading this, Marcus Mumford), and my like of them may well be some sort of subconcious maternal instinct to feel sorry for them, but I can honestly say I don't really mind them anymore. They seem so innocent and helpless that it could be seen as cruel to mock them. And it has to be said that those quiffs must weigh them down a little in their everyday life, so you have to admire their perseverance. Well done Jedward, you are now almost tolerable. And that's more than I can say for the Gallagher's.

MB: I was almost about to sign off, when I found this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmrmZahuGvU&ob=av2e
Of all the songs to ruin, why this? Oh dear, oh dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment