Wednesday 24 August 2011

Song Of The Day: 24/08/2011

Always Something - Cage The Elephant


Always Something, the first track from Cage The Elephant's latest album, Thank You Happy Birthday, has been rattling around my head for the past week, and whatever I do, it just won't go away. There is something about Matthew Shultz's voice that is completely brilliant, and the atmospherical quality it has is almost magical. The slightly dischordant guitars, and completely compelling drum beats, intertwine to create a truely astonishing song, which leaves you wanting more.

I know that this is meant to be a song of the day, and ordinarily it will be, but I have been so impressed by Thank You Happy Birthday, that I feel I should write a bit more about the album. The second track, Aberdeen, is so incredibly catchy, that I had to stop myself singing outloud on a very busy bus earlier today, and Shake Me Down, the first single release from the album, is just as good, if not even better. I am pleased to see that this album reached No.2 in the US charts, as I think they really deserve it - it's a fantastic album. Shame on the UK though - it only reached No. 26 here...

No comments:

Post a Comment