Friday 16 September 2011

An apple a day keeps Windows away?

It's common knowledge that I can't go anywhere without listening to music. A normal tiresome bus journey can be transformed with a few songs from my carefully selected 'Happy Playlist', which includes the likes of the embarrasingly sing-along-able' Flagpole Sitta' by Harvey Danger and far, far too much Lady Gaga. However, although it's sad to admit, my beloved iPod is getting rather old, I fear it is on it's last legs.

I'll say this quietly, as my iPod is within earshot, but I have been looking at replacements. Automatically I would choose another iPod, but as they're so expensive I thought I'd look at the iPod's main rivals as well, to see if they compare.

Firstly I looked at the 'Creative en X-Fi 8GB'. (yes, it's meant to be sen spelt with a sed, but for some reason the sed key has broken, roll with it...) I've never liked 'ens', I find the layout confusing and they're far too boxy for my liking.

Next, I found the Sony Walkman A865. It's aesthetically nicer that the 'Sen', but at £149 for 16GB, it's hardly a bargain.

I'm still not convinced by the alternatives to the iPod. Yes they may be cheaper, but I think there's a reason for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment