Monday 12 September 2011

What did he expect?

Mike Pedicone, My Chemical Romance's recently sacked drummer, is now trying to defend his actions, after he was caught red-handed stealing from his fellow band members. They were understandably shocked his behaviour, and after confessing to the police, he was immediately asked to leave the band. Guitarist Frank Iero posted on the bands website, saying - "We are heartbroken and sick to our stomachs over the entire situation." They are choosing to not press charges against him, so you would assume he would realise he's gotten off lightly, but no, he is now trying to explain exactly what happened, and why he stole from the people he thought of as friends.
"Almost as soon as I began touring with MCR I ran into problems with a member of the band's crew who i'll not name." - this is part of the statement he recently released, and continues on to explain that he was trying to frame said crew member, as an attempt to resolve the conflict, and did not intend to actually steal from them - "I had no intention of profiting whatsoever...". I cannot understand how someone could expect to be forgiven after doing something like this - regardless of whether it was a greatly misjudged situation or not, he was undeniably in the wrong. I have my suspicions that his version of accounts may be very different to the actual event - it seems all too convenient that his behaviour was 'completely innocent'. I don't think that any decent person would steal from their friends, to bring down an enemy. I completely understand why he has been told to leave the band - behaviour like that destroys any level of trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment